Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Securing the Future

Many of us fail to save for the future. Oftentimes, we live in the moment and we forget to prepare for what tomorrow entails.
*CTTO*
I.AM.GUILTY

Listen guys. Listen. Totoong kaganapan ito. (on a side note, everything I write here are true of me) 

I've been working for 5 years and believe it or not, I have not saved anything yet (AND I AM NOT PROUD OF IT). I was once this lady who has an exact allowance-just enough pamasahe and konting pangkain. Yet I used to save my baon for other necessary things. Opted to use my savings for school stuff rather than asking my mom for extra money to cover school expenses. I also use them to buy clothes or what it is that I need. So my life as a schooler is technically not the pasarap-buhay type. But I am not complaining. I know I need to do that because what we have is sapat lang  and I love helping my mom. Plus, it was my choice. 

Fast forward to the day I started working and finally earning money. I got overwhelmed because I can now buy what I want. (But that's just on top of my household responsibility of course. What we're talking here are extra money.) I buy clothes, shoes and stuff I've been longing for. I know. I know. There's nothing wrong with that. But I become giddy that I become more concerned of wanting to get the things I can't have before. It's okay if it's paminsan-minsan, but if it becomes palagi and you don't need it, you gotta stop. It should serve as a reward. You don't always get a reward, right? If it becomes frequent and out of control. DEAR, THAT'S NOT GONNA BRING YOU GOOD. THAT'S SPLURGING. Take it from me. 

I was so thankful I got sick. Not actually thankful I got sick but the realization which I hope I was hit earlier. It taught me the lesson I refuse to see since then. I need to save for my future. I need it that when something unforeseen event happened, I am prepared. True enough- sometimes you know what to do, but you tend to wait for the situation to punch you in the face before you could actually practice it. Haaaay, buhay stubborn. 

So here I am now, making it right this time. Sharing you some tips that are working for me because I care. 

1. Write your 'fixed expenses'. This includes bills, groceries and other things you need to settle. 

2. Separate your 'fixed expenses',  the money you're gonna save, and what you're gonna budget for your daily NEEDS

3. Monitor your daily expenses. Write 'em down. Para may babalikan ka at pag-aaralan kung saan ka sumobra at nagkulang, bes.
Ayan, yang Jollibee ang magandang halimba ng unnecessary. HAHA Pero sabi ko naman magsave, 'di i-deprive ang sarili  (Nailusot ko b?? HAHA)
4.  Keep savings as savings. And open [another] bank account for your S.A.V.I.N.G.S which I'm gonna do on December. 
  

TANDAAN!

Don't say I didn't warn yah! :-) 

love,
Joyce Lauren

6 comments:

  1. Ahh ito pala yun nabanggit mo.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa. Ngayon ko lang nakita comment mo plus nalimutan ko na na sinabi ko sayo ito. Hehe

      Delete
  2. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.


    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete