Friday, October 4, 2013

I Can Do More!

     Looking back and comparing all the things happened and happening to me. Finally, I’m seeing a big difference. I was once a girl who’s afraid to go to a private school due to my poor communication skill especially when obliged to speak in English. If I was just brave enough to enroll in that high performing secondary school, more likely I am not a CLSU alumnus. I think I’ll take the risk of  studying in Manila (I even let the chance to take the admission exam at CSB-DLSU and apply for their scholarship program passed). Oh well CLSU contributed  a lot to who I am now and my Alma mater is just as good as other Uni’s in Manila.
     I remember, it was the end of the second semester during my freshman year. It’s the time where you have to think of the course that you’re gonna pursue. From elementary to high school, Education is on my first list. Then thought of taking Development Communication but  knowing my possible classmates made me back off. And also I have gauged that speaking in front of others was tough for me. Yes, I am that self-doubting. And I let others affect me. I ended up taking Psychology and enjoyed it. Doing a lot of researches improved my writing skill. And it’s crazy to deeply understand the way people think, react and behave (in a positive way). Now I’m more open to any kind of situation and people (including ignoring annoying people and being more patient with them). That’s what we do. Deal and listen to people.
     For the past years I let my fears rule over me. I have always been afraid. Afraid to go out alone, address what I feel, live independently, try new things, deal with changes, take the path I want. My lack of confidence and trust in my ability restrained me to the things I love doing. My fears and inferiority complex took away my opportunity to enjoy life.  Now  I want to be brave. Be brave enough to stand for what I believe would benefit me. Taking chances isn't bad. After all there’s no harm in trying. It’s better to tell yourself “better luck next time” than having “what if's?” and  “If only's” in mind.  As for every unsuccessful attempt comes a fruit of experience. 









No comments:

Post a Comment