Friday, August 10, 2012

Sensitivity Matters

I have a fear on spiders. This isn't innate in me. It just happened when I was a kid, one afternoon I [imaginably] heard a spider’s cry and thought the reason was I accidentally sat on it, but I immediately noticed that it was the drowning rat who seeks for help in the pail. Since that day, I dreamt of the giant spiders hunting me. And also since then I have had the so called arachnophobia. (As a psych graduate I have knowledge on how to treat phobias but I don't want to apply it in myself 'cause I know in my heart that I can't handle the fear. This fear might cause [ME] cardiac arrest or mental illness.)

I hate it when people use this weakness as the contrivance to their bully-ness. I loathe how they can still laugh even if they see me crying and chilling because of severe apprehension. In every conversation were a plan of throwing a spider on me where being brought up, whether it’s a joke or not,  my temper changes, uneasiness visits me and paranoia haunts me. And I am not exaggerating.
Simple things you thought is funny can bring discomfort to someone. Respect others despite their strange weaknesses and offer them deep understanding. You’ll never know how much it can affect her behavior/psychologically.
Never forget the golden rule: "Do not do to others what you don’t want others do unto you.”
It was never wrong to think first before you act especially if the outcome is perceptibly terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment